New Wheels

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

It started when we got home from our trip. We were returning our rental car and I had to follow Matt to the airport in our Taurus, which is in pretty bad shape. And getting worse. The blinker randomly won't work. The ignition is broken. The transmission is starting to slip. Let's face it - we're the old folk's home for cars. We get them near the end of their lives and then usher them into the afterlife. It's depressing, really. I started to get mad. Really mad. Why are we ALWAYS stuck in this situation? My anger was unjust. God has ALWAYS provided us with more than we deserve and we've never had to hoof it, no matter how bad of shape the car may be in. He's always provided another vehicle JUST in time. I prayed and let it go, doing my best to trust Him once more. One week later, I receive a call. It's about a possible car that is PERFECT for us. I pray and wait. A little over a week later, it's sitting in our driveway.

Once again, God used the people around us to bless and help us. We were able to get a loan all by ourselves (no cosigner), giving us an opportunity to glorify Him through better stewardship and finally build GOOD credit. It's a BIG deal!

I got to drive it home. I smiled the whole way. =)

God is so overwhelmingly kind to this little family. May He be glorified.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS