Magic Crust Custard Pie Recipe

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It looks like a giant snickerdoodle, right? But it's so much better than that - and I love snickerdoodles!

I came across this recipe on a Facebook ad for Just A Pinch. It kept popping up and driving me nuts, so I decided to try it last night. Let's just say it didn't survive the night. Even the boys had two pieces each! It's so dangerously easy and tasty, I highly recommend it. And the whole "flour will settle to make its own crust" thing is pretty spiffy, too!

From Robyn Witt, Just A Pinch

INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 c margarine
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 c milk, 2% (or higher)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c all purpose flour

DIRECTIONS
1. Put all ingredients into a blender. Blend for 30 seconds.
2. Pour into buttered 9 inch pie pan. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (mine was still pretty jiggly after 45 minutes, so I left it in for another 10). The flour will settle to make its own crust.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS