Stashbusting Bust

Monday, February 20, 2012

So, my original stashbusting project wasn't going so well. I was trying to just randomly choose yarns, alternating from cool to warm colors each round, but it was turning out to be...rather ugly. Okay, to be honest, it looked as if someone barfed up an entire Vegas buffet. I won't lie. It was seriously ugly. So ugly, Matt kept commenting on how ugly it was. Usually, if he doesn't quite "get" the effect I'm going for, he just smiles and nods. But he wore his feelings on his sleeves when it came to this abomination. And I agreed with him whole-heartedly! So, I started over; this time with a plan.

Using mostly stash yarn (with a few "holes" filled with purchased yarn), I decided to make a lovely, rainbowy spectrum of sorts. Rather than repeat the sequence from start to finish every time, I thought a reversal would be a nice effect, allowing it to "flow" a little better. So far, I really like it. It's very vibrant and beautiful! I'm calling it my "God's Promises Afghan", referring to the covenant laid out in Genesis 9:11-13.

Can't wait to finish it so the boys can cuddle with it. Rob is very excited about it! Still trying to figure out what to border it with - black, white, or blue. Thoughts?
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS