Not-So-Simple-Ripple-That-Almost-Didn't-Happen-Afghan

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Click to enlarge.

Why the lengthy name? Because it's earned it. It's quite the blanket and I've had the quite the journey making it.

Many mistakes. Many back-trackings. Many mishaps. The last straw? One of the colors I chose was DISCONTINUED. I had to scour the internet to find more. Thankfully, someone from Ravelry was willing to sell and ship me two skeins - more than enough to finish. I was elated, needless to say!

 Believe it or not, I want to make another one, but not as big. I love this pattern - despite it’s up’s and down’s (no pun intended). Here’s the final break down:

Measures: 75”X80”
Time Spent: 124 days OR 4.13 months (off and on)
Number of Stitches: 40,432 stitches
Yardage: 5,360 yards OR 3.04 miles
Cost: DON’T ASK!!! =)

This project now holds the record as the largest item I have ever created. It fits nicely on our queen-sized bed.

Pattern: Neat Ripple
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS