Matt's "Famous" Chimichangas

Monday, June 27, 2011

Just look at it. Isn't this dish a thing of beauty?

Too bad I'm under contract and can't share Matt's "secret" recipe with you. You'll have to settle for a picture of our out-of-this-world dinner and a recipe for the yummy chicken that filled part of it.

I told Matt that I hope that we get raptured tonight, because I want this to be my last meal. My tummy's feeling quite spoiled right now. =)

Ingredients:
1.5 – 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or boneless chicken thighs)
1 (1.5 oz.) pkg taco seasoning mix
1 Cup chicken broth or water
1 Cup salsa or picante sauce

Directions:
Place chicken in a slow-cooker and sprinkle taco seasoning mix on top of chicken. Then, pour on chicken broth and picante sauce. No need to stir.
Cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.
After 8 hours, the chicken is so tender it usually falls apart with a fork. So, use forks to shred, or pull apart, the chicken. Stir it around and let it stay warm in the slow-cooker while you prepare the rest of dinner.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS