Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I've noticed a lot of zucchini flying around my Facebook lately, so I thought I'd share one of my favorite zucchini recipes. The whole chocolate/zucchini combo may make your stomach churn at the thought, but you'll just have to trust me on this. It is SO moist and delicious, you'll forget you're eating veggies!

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

2 1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 tsp Salt

1 1/2 cups Sugar
3 EggWhites
1 Egg, whole
1/2 cup Applesauce unsweetened
1/3 cup Oil
2 Tsp Vanilla
2 cups packed grated Zucchini
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In large bowl combine first 6 ingredients.

3. In medium bowl whisk together sugar, eggs, apple sauce, oil and vanilla. Stir in Zucchini. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in Chocolate Chips.

4. Spread batter evenly in 2 8x4 inch oil sprayed loaf pans.

5. Bake for 50 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes in pans. Remove from pans and let cool on wire racks.

Makes 2 loaves, 8 big slices each.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS