Breakfast Casserole Recipe

Saturday, August 22, 2009

A friend sent me her quiche recipe, but I didn't have the pie crusts it called for. So, I got online and found an easy breakfast casserole that was basically the same thing, but simpler. It was a big hit with the boys and incredibly simple to make! I really didn't follow the directions to the letter. I added the amount of fillings that looked good and just made sure that the egg mixture mostly covered the fillings, but didn't overflow the dish.

Breakfast Casserole

1 lb. sausage, ham, or bacon
1 c. cheese, cubed
1 c. veggies (I used fresh spinach, but you could use mushrooms, peppers, onion, etc.)
6-8 eggs (or enough to make sure the whole casserole is covered)
1 3/4 c. milk
6-8 slices of bread, cubed (or enough to cover the bottom of the dish completely)

1. Grease 9x13 casserole dish.

2. Cook meat until fully cooked. Crumble or cut into small pieces.

3. Beat together eggs, milk, and salt and pepper to taste.

4. Layer bread, meat, cheese, veggies, and then eggs in dish. Let sit for five minutes.

5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until brown.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS