No Rest for the Weary

Friday, July 25, 2008

The colic days have came and went (hopefully for good), but now we're on to something new with no break in between. My precious baby boy has found my least favorite inherited trait - his temper. Matt and I figured he would have a fiery one, since both of us are hot-heads, but I was hoping that it wouldn't set in until later.

I assume he's going through a growth spurt because he's extremely fussy and wants to eat constantly and with ferocity. He had me up every hour last night and fought me every step of the way. I couldn't get him fed quickly enough and if he didn't get instant gratification (another one my least favorite inheritances), he would scream to the point of almost losing his voice. He even got so upset that he bit me three times in already tender spots (I cried). Finally, after fighting me for 10-15 minutes, he'd get latched on, eat like he was starving, and then fall asleep, but then came the task of burping him, which set him off again. The first round of this, he screamed for an hour because I woke him up to burp him. This went on from 12-7am...every hour.

I'm so tired of hearing him cry that I want to cry. I'm praying and hoping that some sort of peace and calm is in sight. We're both wearing thin.

[Edit] I realized later that I'm having issues with my milk production and the poor guy is starving. Will play it by ear.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS