Now I Agree with my ABC's...

Thursday, September 24, 2009

I bought a pack of alphabet flash cards from the Dollar Spot at Target awhile back for Robby. I've started using them with him while he eats breakfast in the morning, since he's contained and can't steal the cards like he wishes. Each card has a picture, the word, and then the letter on the back. At this point, I'm just trying to teach him words, since he won't really say anything outside of babbling mixed with a somewhat recognizable word scattered here and there - usually "Dada". This is usually how our "sessions" go:

Me: *holds up card* "Apple...apple."
Rob: *nods in agreement* *indistinguishable babble*
Me: *holds up next card* "Bird...bird."
Rob: *nods in agreement* *indistinguishable babble*

26 times he does this. Just nods in agreement and gives me that look that says, "Yes, Mother. Good job. That's a bird. Daddy would be proud of you."

Despite his silent mocking, I'm glad he atleast knows how to nod "yes".
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS