Eager Reader & The Holidays

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Rob finally likes books! He'll sit in the middle of the living room and "read" a book out loud (in Robby language, of course), pointing at the pictures and narrating each page. He'll also bring you a book to read to him and sit through the whole thing, so we've started reading a book to him before every night. I'm so excited he finally will sit still long enough for a whole book and he really seems to enjoy it. Now I have another gift idea for Christmas!

Speaking of the holidays, it looks like we'll be doing both Thanksgiving and Christmas on our own this year. My grandparents have decided to become snow birds and head to the desert for the winter. I'm always slightly uneasy about change, but I'm excited to think that we finally get to start our own traditions with our little family. I think Robby will be very excited about Christmas especially. Him and I went to Target today for a few things and I took him over to see the Christmas (yes, Christmas!) decorations. He got very excited over the trees, the garland, and the lights. I wonder what he'll think when he sees his own tree in his own living room? I'm so excited that he's old enough to somewhat appreciate the holidays, now. Should make Christmas morning fun!
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS