Memorial Day

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Remember - Buhl, Idaho - 2013
We spent our Memorial Day with my grandma and aunt (my grandfather is currently in a short-term care center, recovering from knee surgery). Here are some highlights.

My grandma cut some of her irises for my uncle's grave. Drew was napping, so we took Rob with us to the cemetery. It was a bit for him to take in, but he was very grown-up about it and tried to understand the best he could.

The Mare - Buhl, Idaho - 2013
The land renter's horses were grazing by Cher's house when we pulled up. The mare was more than willing to allow the boys to feed her grass and pet her.

Forgotten - Buhl, Idaho - 2013
The boys (all three) decided to go explore the old barn, until some barn swallows chased us all off.

Grub was had and it was good! Burgers, beans, and polish dogs. Mmm.

Great-Grandma - Buhl, Idaho - 2013
Robby reading to my grandma. "If You Give A Moose A Muffin" is a favorite of ours.

Daddy Nap - Buhl, Idaho - 2013
We stayed through nap time, but we had the boys lay down and rest when they started to fall apart a bit. Rob passed out right away, but Drew didn't want to have anything to do with it. Until a very tired daddy, fresh from mowing my grandparents' lawn, came and cuddled up next to him for a rest, too. Both were out like a light.

Thank you to those who have served or are currently serving our country. While I have not lost a solider or am waiting for one to come home in my circle, I pray for those who have/are. For us, it was a quiet day to remember lost loved ones and enjoy the ones still with us.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS