Sewing Projects

Thursday, March 15, 2012

 Diaper Clutch - Loosely Based On: Diaper Clutch by Vanilla Joy

I'm so done with the diaper bag thing. There's just too many things to carry when we're headed out the door for church on Sunday mornings, so I've started just throwing a diaper and some wipes into my purse. That's all Drew really needs nowadays, you know? So, why not make a cute little pouch to keep that stuff contained? Drew wears size 6 diapers, so I was only able to fit two plus my travel Huggies Wipes case, but it'll work just fine for us. Can't wait for this kid to be potty trained.

Thanks to Cher, who helped me learn how to bully my machine through the thick sides of this project. I showed it who was boss! =)

Checkered Flag Valance - Loosely Based On: Simple Valance by 3 Four and Under

I've wanted to make curtains for a long time, so finally I got brave and ordered some fabric for just that. I decided to make the boys my guinea pigs boys' curtains first. I'm telling you - valances are EASY. Maybe took me 30 minutes or less from start to finish; just don't inspect my stitching too close. But Rob thought they were great, so that's all that matters to me.

Eager to start on our bedroom's valance (found some awesome flocked damask fabric that matches our comforter almost PERFECTLY) and get the fabric for the living room's. I figured since we already have blinds (and I love lots of light), I'd go with just a valance. Certainly easy to make! And cheaper? I already had the tension rod for this curtain, but the 1/2 yard of checkered fabric was $3.74 on Fabric.com. Shipping was free that day. Not too shabby if you ask me.

I'm so enjoying sewing! Can you tell? =)
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS