A Post Made of Chocolate

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tired of those same old boring brownies (yeah right)? You're in luck! Matt and I have found a solution for you! Andes Mint Brownies to the rescue!

Matt stumbled across yet another great recipe while...well, Stumbling. Make your favorite brownies as directed. Let them cool. Then take a package of Andes Mints and melt them with a double boiler. Pour over the brownies and let the chocolate harden again (you can place them in the fridge to do this if need be). Viola! A decadent, chocolate favorite with a minty twist that's very simple to make and easy on the budget. All I needed was a sprig of mint to top off my photo, but this is "budget gourmet", after all...even though these were made with Ghirardelli brownie mix.

Speaking of chocolate, I'd like to introduce Robby's new crib friend, Hershey. Hershey is a "beary" special (I couldn't help but fall victim to the cliche wordplay) Build-a-Bear made by Cher, Grams, and myself just for Robby when we all went to Boise this past weekend. So far, they seem to be hitting it off well. Hershey keeps Robby company while he's sleeping, being changed, and playing with his gym. He's even nice enough to let Robby chew on him when he's hungry (maybe we shouldn't of named him after candy). I plan (if I ever get a chance) to make Hershey a brown and silver scarf to match his namesake's famous wrapper. I'll make sure to post a photo of the finished product.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS